Businesses listed, promoted or affiliated with FarsiNet
Ali Baba Restaurant
- Fine Persian and Mediteranian Cuisine - Orlando, Florida USA
Amir's Persian Imports
- Persian Rugs and Collectibles
- A marketing and advertising company in Mashhad, Iran
Arash International Market
- International and Iranian Market in Denver
Austin Skyline Realty
- At your service in Austin, Texas USA
A2Z Computer Solutions & Training
- Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
- Persian and Iranian Grocery & Super Markets
Bijan Persian Rugs
- Austin & San Antonio, Texas USA
- Computer System Integration & Consulting, Southern California
Dr. Jalali D.D.S.
- Family Dentistry, Twin Cities, Minnesota USA
Dr. Simin Khorrami D.D.S.
- Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Houston, Texas USA
Edward M. W. Ng, LL.B.
- Immigration and Refugee Lawyer - Canada
Iliah Motors - London - Service & repair of BMW, VW, Peugeot, Mercedes, Vauxhall, ...
- 100% Organic Kona Coffee - Hawaii
Kazempour Oriental Rugs
- Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
- Legal, Passport & Iranian Government Services in D.C.
Long Lake Family Dentistry
- New Brighton, Minnesota USA
Mash Hassan Barbary
- Persian Market & Bakery, Sterling Virginia USA
- Commercial & Residential Electrical Works in Austin, Texas USA - Licensed & Insured
Money Exchange & Transfer
- Exchange & Transfer Iranian Currency
Parvizian & Sons Oriental Rugs
- Houston, Texas USA
Persian Bazaar ©
Phoenicia Mediterranean Supermarket
- Persian Specialties, Austin, Texas USA
- Design and Printing - Farsi, English & German - Las Vegas
- Online gallery, Limited edition art work and Appraisal
- General Contractor and Real Estate Consultant - Los Angeles
Shahed Duty Free Shops
- Iranian Caviar - Fresh at the Tehran Airport
- Farsi & Turkish Translation & Web Design
- Satellite Finder, Satellite Dish and more
Soraya's Child Care
- Quality Child Care & Education, Austin, Texas USA
- Worldwide Tea Companies and Websites
- A selection of travel agents and tour operators in Iran
Universal Software Solutions
- Office & Medical Management Solutions
Zaytoon International Market
- International and Iranian Market in Denver
Faith & Hope Publishing
Iranian Christians International
Kanoon Andishe Masihi
- Societry of Persian Christian Studies
Nejat Music Productions
Petra Broadcast Corporation
Navaz: East of West
Persian Latin Jazz by Navaz Ensemble
Neda Jalali Vocal & Eric Tompkins Guitar
A fusion of traditional and contemporary Persian, with jazz and Latin arrangements
In 2006 guitarist Eric Tompkins and singer Neda Jalali began a creative collaboration that would draw from their richly diverse musical backgrounds. For many years Eric had been gigging in jazz bands, country bands, and playing many other styles of music. His reputation as a talented and eclectic musician led to the November 2005 collaboration with the Prince George Symphony Orchestra. The concert, titled "The Grand Bazaar" was based on his Fellini's Hat Band CD and featured Eric's compositions, arrangements and guitar playing.
Originally from Iran, Neda Jalali lived for many years in Washington DC and London, England where she performed Persian pop and traditional music. She frequently shared the stage with well known Iranian performers such as Hayedeh, Aslani, Moein and Leyla. In June 2006 she met Eric and has since moved to Canada.
Eric's experience playing jazz and Latin music and his interest in World music perfectly compliments Neda's beautiful Persian singing.
In the summer of 2006 they performed at a number of festivals, including the Prince George Folk Festival. In the fall of 2006 they began rehearsing, performing and recording. From this Navaz was formed. In June of 2007 they released their first CD, Navaz: East of West, which was launched with a tour of British Columbia and Washington State. Much of the music of Navaz is rooted in the Sufi poetry of Hafez and Rumi, while some of it has a more contemporary Persian sound fused with Spanish and Brazilian rhythms. One of their strengths is their versatility.
Although Neda's background is Persian, she sings in Spanish, Italian, French and English. Edith Piaf, Googoosh, and a hauntingly familiar Patsy Cline are all part of their repertoire. As their name suggests - Navaz translates from Farsi as "caressing" and "playing music" - the music will make you want to dance or take you on an exotic journey to far away places.
Go To ...
][ Navaz Ensemble
][ Inside Cover
][ Back Cover
. . .
Listen to selected songs from this album in Real Audio
|1. Water Song (Avaz e Aab)|| - 4:31
|2. Gole Bi Goldoon|| - 4:47
|3. Ey Ghayeghran|| - 3:40
|4. Del Asire|| - 3:14
|5. Gole Goldoone Man|| - 4:55
|6. Grand Bazzar|| - 6:45
|7. Raven's Call|| - 3:38
|8. Jameh Jam|| - 5:17
|9. Goftam|| - 4:08
|10. Ashur|| - 5:41
|11. Sea of Tranquality (Waltz for Neda)|| - 3:50
|12. Water Song II|| - 1:43