Instruction for Prayer and Worship
1 Timothy 2:1-6
- I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks.
- Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity.
- This is good and pleases God our Savior,
- for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.
- For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus.
- He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message that God gave to the world at the proper time.